Check out this delicious recipe from The Mindful Chef. Their recipes are free from dairy and refined carbohydrates and are super tasty!
We’ve swapped regular noodles for vitamin C packed courgette noodles, nestled in a fragrant, creamy coconut soup, made with zingy fresh ginger and tangy tamarind paste.
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g sweet potato
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 x 150g haddock fillet (skin off)
- 300g courgette
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 4cm fresh turmeric
- 80g baby sweetcorn
- Large handful of fresh coriander
596 calories • 45g carbs • 31g fat • 35g protein
Allergens: Celery, Fish
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
2. To make the courgetti noodles, remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. Trim the baby sweetcorn and slice each into 4 pieces. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm pieces. Peel and finely grate the garlic, ginger and turmeric.
4. Cut the haddock into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a large pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the sweet potato for 8 mins, turning occasionally until softened. Then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric and baby sweetcorn and cook a further 3 mins. Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, chilli flakes (as many as desired) and tamarind paste to the pan and stir to combine.
6. Then add the pieces of haddock and place a lid on the pan, simmer gently for 5-7 mins until the haddock is cooked through.
7. Spoon the raw courgetti into two bowls, and spoon over the laksa soup. Roughly tear the coriander leaves and sprinkle over the top of the soup.