Check out this delicious recipes from The Mindful Chef perfect for Date Night!
This flavour-packed sauce from Argentina is full of parsley, oregano, red chilli and lemon juice, for a great boost of Vitamin C to protect the body against free radicals.
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 x 170g bavette steak
- 300g sweet potato
- 4 tsp oil
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
518 calories • 49g carbs • 19g fat • 41g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
2. Cut the sweet potato into quarters lengthways and add to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then remove from the pan and place on a baking tray, rub with 2 tsp of oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the red pepper on a baking tray and stuff with the tomatoes, drizzle over 1 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
4. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with 2 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
5. To make the chimichurri sauce; finely chop the parsley, garlic and chilli. Mix with the oregano, 1 tsp olive oil, the juice from the lemon and season.
6.To serve, thinly slice the steak, place on two warm plates and spoon over the chimichurri sauce. Serve alongside the baked sweet potato and red pepper stuffed with tomatoes.